[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Storms.

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:57:22 -0500

Sometimes I get lucky. Other times I rely on my own ability to plan and prepare. I certainly do! not! rely! on! a! fairy! tale! character! to protect me.

On 3/5/2012 5:08 PM, Debby Franson wrote:
block quote
Hi Roger!

That's amazing that you didn't have a power failure, considering how stormy it was. We hardly have any power failures either.

Oh, wow! Yes, when you said you heard that freight train sound and that the tree had been uprooted, it sure sounds like a tornado went over your house that previous time. I have experienced a good deal of wind during a thunderstorm, but not an actual tornado.

We have a basement that we go to if the storm siren blows.

Whether you know it or not, God loves you and He put that protective bubble around your house, because He has a purpose for you to be alive. We are given so many days to live. We can't increase that number, but a person who lives a self-abusive or wreckless life can shorten his or her life. No, I'm not insinuating anything at all about you, just saying what can happen in anyone's life.

Debby

At 08:36 PM 3/4/2012, Roger Loran Bailey wrote
block quote
Interestingly enough, I didn't even have a power failure this past Friday, so I only had to be off line during the actual storm itself. A few years ago, though, I think a tornado passed right over my house. At least I did hear that freight train sound and the entire house was swaying. A tree in the front yard was uprooted too. This time, though, I seemed to have been in a protective bubble. There was plenty of wind, lightning and rain. All television shows were preempted with news people tracking the tornados and warning us all to stay indoors and to prepare to dive for cover. The next morning it was all about the local damage. In fact, the local news was taken up mostly by that even today. For me, though, no power failure and no damage.

On 3/4/2012 9:15 PM, Cindy wrote:
block quote

I, too am glad you all are safe. Knowing bookshare volunteers and members are from all around the country, whenever I hear on the news about things like
tornadoes and hurricanes I worry about all of you.

Do we have people from other parts of the world? I think maybe from Hawaii, but anywhere else? No one affected by thea earthquake ff the Ne Zealand coast?

CIndy
From: Valerie Maples
<mailto:vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>