[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Re: To Carrie

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:14:48 -0600

Poor Reggie! My BN used to truncate everything I worked on at least once, so
it's a miracle I got anything done with it. Btw, what version are you
running? I had 4.01 but upgrading to 4.02 drastically reduced the file
munching. It now happens only very rarely, and usually only on rtf files
with formatting excesses.

About the page breaks, don't panic. The ideal is to have books with all the
page breaks in the right places. But since the original complaint was about
books with absolutely no page breaks and how difficult they are to navigate,
Mike was saying that as long as a book has some breaks, like the ones Word
arbitrarily throws in, it could probably be accepted because it would be
navigable if not accurate.
Ok, did I just add to the confusion? The key is don't worry too much.
Everyone on the list has their own personal pet peeves, so just do the best
you can and don't feel like you have to take things personally. I think
that's the best way of maintaining sanity here on this list. <lol>