[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Re: To Carrie

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:09:40 -0800 (PST)

I've noticed with the books that are OCRed at the Bookshare office, that they
all have section breaks instead of page breaks.  When I edit a book like that
with Word, the first thing I do is replace all the section breaks with page
breaks.  Marissa said that replacing them is not necessary, but I still do it
for my own peace of mind.  What I don't know is whether other editing programs
delete all the section/page breaks or leave them in.  Anyone know?

Carrie

Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's the problem with this page break thing. Some of us edit in
programs that don't announce the page breaks so can't tell whether
they're there or not. I've noticed in Word sometimes the page breaks
aren't announced and sometimes they are with window eyes, and
sometimes when window eyes doesn't announce them, Jaws will. If all
else fails what you can do is go into the file properties and it will
tell you how many pages are in the file. If it doesn't say one page,
you should be okay. I really do think that most of us are scanning
with programs that put page breaks in, and I think having a file
without them would be rare.

Pam