[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Pots

Oh, yes -- Corelle and Pyrex are great examples of the same thing! I loved my visions pans, and when Corning sold them the quality went down the drain. Same with the Corelle plates.

I'm in NE Wisconsin, near Green Bay, freezing my butt off! grin. It's six below zero right now. Are you sure I can't send you some snow and cold and ice to make your feel like you're back at your childhood stomping grounds? wink. I grew up in the Detroit area, but have lived in various locations in Wisconsin since the late '70s.

Where in SE WI did you grow up?

Judy s.

Valerie Maples wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, Judy!  I know mine were still very
expensive in the day, but they have served me well.   A lot of
houseware companies are serving similar fates; being bought
for name and reputation and then gutting the qualities that
made them famous.  Pyrex and maybe Corelle are a couple of
other examples.

I grew up in SE WI; where are you?  I rarely get back, and do
not miss winters, but wish I could visit good friends there
more often...

Valerie