[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Off-topic conversations

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:15:41 -0500

Hey, guys! As one of the two volunteers that Jesse recruited a couple of years ago to help monitor this list, I read nearly every e-mail that is posted. Given the fact that I am basically trying to keep up with two separate careers, there are days when the amount of e-mail in my inbox can be a bit overwhelming. However, having said that, I agree with the sentiment that as long as we are considerate enough to put the word OT in the subject line, that should be enough. We really do need to work at remembering to do that, though, although I'm just as guilty of forgetting as anyone else. <Smile>

As someone pointed out, it's a shame that some may feel the need to unsubscribe because of off-topic messages. At some point, though, most of us have probably found ourselves having to weigh the importance of a particular listserv for our individual lifestyles. According to the info on the Bookshare site, nothing is necessarily off-topic, although since this is a volunteer list, it's a given that a great deal of our discussion should center around Bookshare-related topics. So, while a little consideration is certainly in order, i.e. the oT in the subject line, and perhaps responding off-list to some folks, I would hate for all off-topic posts to be considered taboo. Just the thoughts of another busy volunteer! <Smile> Take care!

Jana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>