[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Keeping up with new books

  • From: "robert tweedy" <roberttweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:15:39 -0500

Most of the time the books are all added by 9:00 EST. During the evening just a few kids are added like about 8:00 pm EST. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 7:11 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Keeping up with new books

Hi, Tracy, I know where you're coming from. If you're busy a long list is
daunting, isn't it? I'd agree with Roger and say don't worry about it. You
can do all manner of searches as you know. You can browse a category for the sort of thing you'd like to read; you can search for a particular author you
like either by doing a quick search, an advanced search, browse authors,
hoping your author's name is there, etc. I generally search Bookshare at
around midnight because I want to know what's been added the previous day.
You remember when you went there and there might only be seven new books
added? I like the embarrassment of riches there but have to admit that if
there's a thousand books added on one day, that might be really exhausting.
How do you have your combo box set? I have it set to show me 100 books per
page so I don't have to press the enter key as often. Now I have no idea if this is going to help you in any way but I hope you will relax and find what you like however you decide to do it. Just think, if you are looking at just
the books that have been added during the day, it isn't as many as those
when you choose other options in that combo box. Regards and happy searching
and reading, Kim.