[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Happy New Year

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:00:13 -0800

Valerie, Will you please share your recipe for black-eyed peas. They are one of my favorite legumes. Thank you. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 11:14 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Happy New Year

Here's an offer. If anyone makes a pilgrimage to Tupelo, MS, birthplace of Elvis, I will serve you black-eyed peas and cornbread, true southern style.

If I thought it would ship, I would send you some, but you have to have it fresh from the skillet!

Valerie

On Jan 4, 2010, at 1:08 AM, Debby Franson wrote:

Hi Chella!!

Yeah, rich corn bread like Valerie makes! In a private message, I asked Valerie to pass the corn bread, so she should make a huge pan, (smile).

Debby

At 04:47 AM 1/1/2010, Chela Robles wrote
I want cornbread Valerie!
“If you go without playing the trumpet for one day, no one knows, two days, only you know, and more than three days without practicing, girl you better look out, because everyone will know!” Today, I find myself constantly saying those words, just to get myself going, to not give up, and it works. Since I learned to play the trumpet at the tender age of 10, I have spent so much passion and much diligence with that instrument that I will not give up on it. Sometimes my instrument puts me into awkward situations where I feel like they won’t ever end, but the trumpet gives me a lot of hope with the majestic, crystal-clear sound it brings to my ears.
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
MSNWindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx