[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Happy New Year

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 02:17:37 -0600

LOL! Valerie, I used to spend chunks of my summer in Hamilton,
Alabama, where my late sister and her husband lived for many
years.  We'd go to Tupelo to grocery shop, and I remember driving
past the Elvis homestead a few times because I wanted to say I'd
been there.  Smile.  If I could travel, I'd be there in a
heartbeat to enjoy your black-eyed peas and cornbread and hospitality!

Southern cooking is yummy! Almost as good as brats cooked in beer served piping hot right before a Packers game! wink.

Judy s.
Valerie Maples wrote:
Here's an offer.  If anyone makes a pilgrimage to Tupelo, MS,
birthplace of Elvis, I will serve you black-eyed peas and
cornbread, true southern style.

If I thought it would ship, I would send you some, but you
have to have it fresh from the skillet!

Valerie