[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Fwd: Fw: Blind sight

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:15:30 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting, Sheri. So spending some time, like a few
days or week with contacts or a tight blindfold or
eyes shut, wouldn't give a sighted person the same
experience, or at least something of an idea? I think
there was an actor who did that to prepare for a role.

I do find it difficult to imagine dreams without
visuals, although I have a good imagination. But
Louise and Allison have given me  explanations that I
begin to understand--sensations of where one is, like,
as Louise said, where she used to live, and people's
voices, and perhaps the sensation that someone is
present. I think I can begin to understand. Perhaps
it's a little like deja vu--when we have the feeling,
even though awake  and seeing something not related,
what we've been in a place or a situation before.

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/sue_blackmore/2006/05/what_is_it_like_fo