[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Congrats,Smoke-free Julie--

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:29:40 -0500

Hi Julie,

What helped my mom quit smoking was moving. We moved into a beautiful house
where no one had smoked before, and mom decided she didn't want to smoke in
there either. It helped that my dad didn't smoke--my mom was able to quit
cold turkey and hasn't had a cigarette in probably 18 years. Maybe your
upcoming move could be helpful in this way--starting fresh. I hate moving,
but I also view it as an opportunity to change things about me that I want
to change. That way people can get to know a version of me that much more
likable. <grin>
Kellie