[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Computer Hell

Gary, I know of two blind-friendly vendors, meaning they sell XP
machines. One is a local company here in Atlanta called Ginstar.
http://www.ginstar.com They're really nice folks, and it's a no frills
kind of place where you pay for what you buy without being an
unwilling source of funding for fancy counter displays. (grin) The
Dell laptop I'm writing this from came from Ginstar. The other place
that is still selling XP machines is NewEgg. http://www.newegg.com
They have all kinds of machines, and you can get XP Home or Pro on
many of them. Both sites I'm telling you about have real live humans
you can call. The staff at Ginstar are Chinese Americans, and we've
done steady business with them for 12 years now. NewEgg is a much
larger outfit and has more variety in its machines. Ginstar can build
you a custom machine while NewEgg seems to carry a wide variety of
prebuilt computers. I hope this helps if you do have to buy a
computer.

--
Monica Willyard