[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Brown's other books (was Re: Re: The Lost Symbol is in!)

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:10:39 -0500

Hi Ann and others.
For a long time I was put off by the idea of Dick Francis books about horse racing in England, which is a lot different from horse racing in the states. Anyway, I didn't care much for horse racing anywhere so I didn't read Dick Francis books. End of story until a couple of years ago I was browsing the collection looking for something to read and I thought "well, I'll give this Francis guy a try." I now read anything bookshare puts up by him. He's not my favorite writer, but he's a good writer and detailed knowledge of horse racing is definitely not necessary.

You might want to give him a try if you run out of things to read.

Bob
"We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will live on in the future we make,"
Senator Edward M. Kennedy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>