[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Apartment Leases

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:04:15 -0400

I was being conservative. You are correct. Every two weeks is more like it. And then there is weeding. If one fails to mow and weed the yard ends up looking crumby. We have not discussed the amount of money or time spent in winter shoveling out driveway and porch steps.

Mind you there are advantages to home ownership. Maintenance for a blind person is truly something to investigate thoroughly. If someone buys an older house fixing up may be necessary. Again it is challenging finding good quality work when it may be difficult to evaluate a contractor and such.

House ownership is tricky given the number of surprises which can arise. For a blind person it may present particularly interesting challenges. Again rather than thinking my comments please think of them as things to ponder.

By the way, for those of you who have read my comments over time, much of what I say is meant as things to think about rather than outright negative thinking. Sometimes I come across in a way I do not intend. Some of that is the limitation of email. Some is the limitation of my personality. I am working hard on tact, and expressing myself better.

I am actually a kind person who gives people the benefit of the doubt. I have been known to give some people too many chances as it were. Anyhow, I just want to add how important all of you on this list are to me. Oh yes, I am a bit long winded too. (grin)

E.