[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Amazon Kindles

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 00:09:14 -0500

Hi Charisma!

Initially, when he first got me the Kindle, Bruce figured out how to have the tts read a book. Since I have an optacon, I was able to get into the settings menu to turn the tts on for the menus. All of that is turned off by default.

Now that it is all set up, when I want to turn the reading tts off temporarily so that I can turn pages, it's easy, so no sight is required.

I am not sure what the keys are called, but there is one in the lower left and corner of the entire keyboard and the left-hand key above the Home key that I hold down simultaneously to turn the reading tts off so I can turn back or forward the number of pages I wan to go and then hit the same key combination to turn tts back on so I can continue reading. To start the reading, I just hit the space bar, which will toggle the reading on and off. While the reading is going on, the pages turn automatically.

I have the Kindle 3G.

Debby

At 04:55 PM 9/29/2011, Charisma wrote
How do you run the TTS on your Kindle, Debby? I heard it requires site to activate and navigate.

Charisma

--
                                                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>