[bksvol-discuss] Re: OK, gang, got a weird one!

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:50:02 -0700

Hi, gang, Just a comment from Kim here. During the seventeenth century, the
word "wave" would be spelled W-A-u-e. I also noticed that in the eighteenth
century, the letter S would be written with a letter F. Apparently what
happened with old Spanish affected Early modern English as well. H'mm! I
wonder if this orthography was universal throughout western Europe? Regards,
Kim aka Ellinder.

  _____