[bksvol-discuss] Re: OCR Errors

  • From: "Laura Ann Grymes, LMT" <agape.wellness.massage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:42:50 -0500

I have that problem and try to read through and remove them before submitting....the die for the....

I press it flat to the scaner and optimize before scanning.
I am using Kursweil.

I changed my brightness setting a slight bit and it got rid of those and added new ones....sigh....so Definitely if there is a fix for this someone please share....

I have noticed it in my validations as well as in books I scan.

laura Ann
At 11:48 AM 7/14/2008, you wrote:
Hello. I have a question regarding common OCR errors such as die appearing instead of the, mat instead of that, the letter I replacing the letter L and vice versa, and so on. Is this a problem with the way the book is printed or can this be fixed by adjusting the settings on the scanning software?

I ask because I am currently validating a book that has numerous OCR errors like this and I would like to try and give feedback to the volunteer. However, if it is something that he or she has no control over, I won't say anything to him or her about it. If it is easily fixed though, future submissions from this person would be nearly perfect.
Thanks.
Christina