[bksvol-discuss] Re: O T who is Genji?

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 23:57:29 -0400

Evan,

Fortunately, Genji has never taken on a commercial power of some
long-running series.  I have a scholarly interest in Genji and other ancient
eastern cultures.  My stack of books are scholarly in nature.  In fact, when
I bought them, they represented some of the latest scholarly work done on
Genji Monogatari.  Genji has inspired some excellent modern Poetry.  Komiko
Hahn, for example, derives a great deal of her poetry from the ancient
Japanese culture.

Pratik

  _____