[bksvol-discuss] O_T updarte on the ankle

Well, I went to the doctor on Wednesday, and got some wonderful news. I no longer have to use the walker, and I am supposed to start weaning myself off the brace and get back to normal. Let me tell you as this is day two that is a tall order, smile.

But so far so good, and I will be able to apply for a new guide dog, on Oct 19 and go back into the field that day too.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: retired Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

America has been called a melting pot, but it seems better to call it a mosaic, for in it each nation, people or race which has come to its shores has been privileged to keep its individuality, contributing at the same time its share to the unified pattern of a new nation. -King Baudouin of Belgium (1930-1993)