[bksvol-discuss] O_T the incident with my Braillenote

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:29:04 -0500

    Hi you all,

My braillenote Qt decided to die on me this morning and is now winging its
way courtesy of the U.S. Postal Service to the Humanware Hosspital.  I am
hoping to get it back maybe the end of next week or the week after that.  So
won't be doing any truly intensive pre editing till I get it back.  Can do
quite a bit on the PC, but lack the patience to do a truly huge book on
here, plus, I like reading in bed, sigh.  And that doesn't include the usual
stuff I used that thing for, like address book, my planner and ah, yeah my
notetaker.  So I am slate and stylusing for the next couple of days.

Smile.

There is a possiblity of borrowing a Braille Sense at the end of this week,
until i get my unit back.  Has anyone validated or edited books on a Braille
Sense, are there any special things I need to keep in mind when using this
little device, besides the fact that it doesn't accept .rtf files?  I may be
doing some playing with it.

Ah, necessity is definitely the creation of desperate learning.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.