[bksvol-discuss] Re: O T electronically dependent!

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 01:32:46 -0500

Shelley, I can hear how frustrated and sort of lost you sound. It's no fun losing access to something you depend on for so many important things. I was like that too with my computer down. I got it home last week, only to have to take it back to the shop again because the power supply went bad. I've been almost completely out of circulation for a month now. Validating books is much harder to do with a slow system and cramped keyboard. All I can say is thank God for my laptop with a collection of Bookshare titles I'd snagged earlier and lots of NLS tapes! (smile) My laptop was sort of like your Book Courier, a great back-up, but not the real thing. My experience has made me more sensitive to the needs of people using older, less capable technology and has helped me feel gratitude for what I have been blessed with. I hope your Braille Note will be home soon, safe and sound.

Monica Willyard