[bksvol-discuss] O T electronically dependent!

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:21:24 -0500

Dear Bookshare Volunteer friends,

Being without a Braille Note, computer or similar, often used electronic device can be disorienting. That lost, desperate to get it back, feeling is like what some people experience when their tee veez or cars konk out. What about your to do list, validating, your ongoing shopping list, the novel that was getting really good, the e mail messages piling up. What about e mail where you don't have to leave a message at the tone, because your post "is" the message.

It's even hard to wait when it isn't your own devices on the blink, but a friends. No more e mail on a whim, pass along humor,alerts to special offers and casual commentary.

Do you think there's any hope of convincing Bookshare's manufacturer to issue loaners while they take weeks to repair and return our ailing hardware?

For the moment both my computer and Braille Note are working. In appreciation, and because these ideal circumstances could change any minute, I'm off to order something from Amazon, to catch up on my in box, to listen to more of, " A Literary Christmas," from Bookshare and to validate!

Always with love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>