[bksvol-discuss] Re: No advance reading copies allowed

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 21:07:27 -0800 (PST)

Yes, the strip that says 'Advance Reading Copy' is usually small.  I had
chopped, scanned, OCRed and was about to submit a donated book when I noticed
the strip across the top of the book.  Hadn't noticed it before.  I am sure
that our volunteers wouldn't notice it either, and that the people who donated
and submitted the books were innocence of any intentional wrongdoing.  I
wouldn't be surprised if other Advance Reading Copies have surreptitiously
gotten into the collection, but it certainly wasn't intentional on anyone's
part.  Just gotta stay alert to such things to minimize their occurrences.

Carrie