[bksvol-discuss] No ISBN

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:35:43 -0800 (PST)

I'm glad you posted this, Jim, because I meant to
mention my experience and forgot.

I uploaded a book published in 1942. It didn't have an
ISBN and I thought someone had posted here that we had
to write "none" if that were the case and not leave it
blank, so that is what I did. But it generated an
error message that told me specifically that if there
were no ISBN number I should leave the space blank.

Although the scan was a later printing, apparently, it
didn't have an ISBN number. I used the original 1942
edition to validate by, changing the copyright page
and the pagination match my edition. Everything else
was exactly the same.

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/