[bksvol-discuss] Re: Newby scanning questions

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 22:31:34 -0500

Denise, you have asked the million dollar question. ;) To my knowledge,
Kurzweil is the only program that announces the confidence level. Since you
can see, you can look at the image of the scanned page and can see how it
looks as you're going along. Since we can't se the image of the scan, our
program tells us verbally how well a page has scanned. Openbook, the other
scanning package for blind users, doesn't have this feature. I hope it will
one day as many of our volunteers would like to have it.

Monica Willyard

  _____