[bksvol-discuss] Re: Newbie Checks In

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:02:33 -0500

Hi Marilyn.

Actually, that's an excellent question. I personally would prefer to have a blank line between paragraphs rather than an indented first line of a paragraph. The speech program that many of us use--called JAWS--can be made to read blank lines if we so wish, but if we make it tell us all the indented lines, it will read any line that may be indented (chapter headings or chapter titles, for example) telling us, not only that the line is indented, but by how much. There's such a thing as too much speech, and indented lines can create too much speech.

This is just my opinion, however.
Thanks,
Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marilyn Beasley" <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>