[bksvol-discuss] Re: Newbie

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:26:52 -0700 (PDT)

Lea,

Yes, you can renew books innumberable times. Just
count 7 days from the day you download or renew,
including that day, and go to the upload page. You'll
see a renew option as well as a release and an upload
option.

There are many of us who read carefully and change
everything that needs changing, in addition to spell
checking. The are scannos spell-checking won't find,
like the number one istead of of capital I,    rn
instead of m, as in Torn instead of Tom,  others I
can't thing of at the moment. It isn't necessary to
have the book itself, either, although, since I am
sighted, I always do. But I'm reading along the file I
can tell if a word like "is" or "an" or "the" is
missing from the sentence, because it just doesn't
feel right. Or if  there should be a comma and it's
missing. In that case I do check with the book because
sometimes the author has written the book that way --
older English (as in England) books, like a recent
Dorothy Sayers I validated, do punctuation
differently, and some newer U.S. authors do things
differently for effect. So if you feel up to it,
that's the thing to do. If it's something you've
scanned that you're not interested in reading, just
get rid of garbage and spell -check and check the
pagination and copyright page and let the validator
worry about the rest. There is a danger that if too
many words or letters are missing the book will be
rejected, like the one you did -- and you were right
to do so,unless you wanted to supply the missing
chapters--.

http://mail.yahoo.com