[bksvol-discuss] Re: New and a couple questions

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 17:23:18 -0700

Oh Bob, you're too much! Chuckle, Chela Trumpeter Concord California SF Bay Area East Bay Interior ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 4:57 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: New and a couple questions

Hi Melissa and welcome aboard.

We are a pretty strange group of folks: all with different interests, and each and everyone of us knows ours is the best way to do something. <lol>

You are quite correct about the running headers and/or footers, though I don't think you are required to remove them, it is preferred however.

About the page breaks. How do you know that there are more than there should be? What tool did you use to determine this.

Here are a couple of tips about proofing:
Firstly, read the manual, second read the manual... you get my point.

When asking a question, be specific and descriptive. Describe the software/hardware you are using, and give the name of the book you are working on. Who knows, the person who scanned it might be on here and can tell you much more than we pompous pretenders could ever do.

Finally, don't let criticism stop you. Soon you will be handing out advice as well as asking for it.

Okay, end of sermon: amen.

Oh, and as I said, welcome aboard.

Preacher Bob

- "Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same
time."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Melissa Smith" <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>