[bksvol-discuss] Re: New and a couple questions

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:35:01 -0700

Hi, Melissa, Kim here. I'm a new kid also. I have a Cannon Lide90 scanner
and Kurzweil 1000 11.0. I also have a BrailleNote mPower 32. I have yet to
proofread my first book and as for scanning, everyone assures me it's dead
easy, but scanning print is unknown country to me. To put it bluntly, I'm a
rather new computer user (acquired last year), and having a computer which
is accessible is a new thing for me. I'm also a fellow Bookshare member like
yourself (joined in September last year), and I may not be able to help you
much because I know I have a lot to learn about everything, and I mean
everything. Even though this happens to be the case, I'm pleased to meet you
and would like to correspond with you if you are willing. If you have
proofread stuff for Bookshare, I could learn from you, or if not, we at
least can cheer each other on. Let me know what you think. It's nice to meet
you, and the folks who have written to me (they know who they are) have been
friendly. Welcome and best regards from Kim aka Ellinder. P.S.: If you wish
to write me off list, my email address is kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxxx Who knows,
we could discuss what kinds of stuff we like to read or whatever you like.
So long for now, K.