[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Volunteer/Member

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:59:57 -0700 (PDT)

Welcome, Jenny

There haas been lots of discussion lately about those
words at the top of the page, the headers. I was
deleting them when they were there, but then I found
out that the automatic stripper was stripping other
things, like chapter titles and page numbers. Now what
I do, and I'm not sure it's the best thing, is to
leave the headers if they're there and properly
spelled but put the page number on the line below. If
I delete the headers, I put a line space immediately
after the page break, then the page number, then a
line space, then the text. If the page number is at
the bottom of the page, I leave a line between the
page number and the text and another between the page
number and the page break.

HTH (Hope that helps)