[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Volunteer/Member

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:42:41 -0500

Jenny, welcome to the volunteer community. I hope you'll be able to pass the nervous stage we all go through very quickly and start to love volunteering for bookshare. This list is for telling others what we are scanning, requesting things we want done, and questions questions and more questions, so you've come to the right place. :-) I think it is safe to say that just about all of us on this list really appreciate it when new volunteers sign up for this list. This is the only way we can all work together on getting the best books possible in to the collection in the best condition possible. We may not all wish for more E-mail each day, but we do wish that everyone could share the information on this list and also be possible to contact in case there is something that is necessary to communicate about a specific book or a general bookshare issue.Feel free to ask away, and if you have any ideas please share them.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity