[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Volunteer/Member

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:48:44 -0500

Hello Jenny,

Welcome to the list, and we're happy to have you as a volunteer.

What you're describing with the title and author at the top of the page are
running headers.  You'll find that your validation instructions talks about
normalizing them (making them consistent) in order for a tool we call the
Stripper to be able to find page numbers in them and strip the rest.  It's
often easier to strip them manually rather than normalize them, so many of
us do just that.  Remember to leave the page numbers there if they're in the
headers, though, since the Stripper attempts to find and process them in
order to make navigation in the DAISY books easier.

BTW, we're practically neighbors.  My wife and I live in east Richardson
around Jupiter and Arapaho.

Gerald