[bksvol-discuss] Re: New Volunteer Looking for Help

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:35:11 EDT

Well, that is what I did. After using browse I came up with
Black_And_White_f1 in the field on the page I was taken to. Then there were a
number of
buttons to click and apparently I clicked the wrong one and JAWS  stopped
talking
to me and I could not tell what was happening if anything was  happening, so I
rebooted the computer and started over. The next time I typed  that exact
phrase,Black_And_White_f1, into the path field. Now, I am not sure  that was
the
correct thing to type in, but I wanted to avoid having to reboot  the computer
again. Anyway, I am now on my third try and it appears to be still  just
sitting there without taking me to another page. As far as I know, it is
slowly
uploading the book, but I am frustrated because I don't know that. It  might be
stuck for all I know and I will end up waiting all night for nothing.  In a
message dated 7/18/2008 8:12:18 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
agape.wellness.massage@xxxxxxxxx writes:

your  best bet is to browse for the file by pressing the browse button.
Then  select the file
That way you know its correct path is entered.

I  hope this helps.

Laura Ann
At 09:56 PM 7/18/2008, you wrote:

I am also using  JAWS. I did not know about insert escape in a situation like
that, Anyway I  have now just started over. Let me describe exactly what I
typed into the  file field. The title of the book is Black and White. I think
that what I am  supposed to type in is Black_And_White_f1. Does that look like
it is  correct? In a message dated 7/18/2008 7:47:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight
Time,  agape.wellness.massage@xxxxxxxxx writes:

What screen reader are you using.

I use jaws so will press insert  escape  and then see if the  page is
silent....if it is I wait and give it time to upload.

Then the second screen appears asking about the quality of the book  and has
the category check boxes.

and other info.

Then you press accept again at the bottom of that page and wait to get  the
thank you page.

Laura Ann

At 09:39 PM 7/18/2008, you wrote:

As far as I know I did everything you said up until choosing accept.  When I
did that I did not go to another screen. I just sat there. In a  message dated
7/18/2008 7:28:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
agape.wellness.massage@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>Hello,

You first go to step 2look for the book and
choose  upload

then you verify that the title, author, copyright holder,  copyright
date are all correct.
press the browse button and select the file to upload.

Then choose accept
then you come to the next screen which is rating the book.
It shows you what quality the book is and you agree or  disagree.

double check the categories checked or check categories your book
falls under....one I just did fell under
disability
Religion and spirituality
Romance
Mystery and Thrillers

Then add the ISBN or check it for accuracy

make any comments and click
accept

you then get a screen thanking you for validating the book.

I hope this helps.

Welcome we are so glad your here volunteering.

Please ask any questions you have.

This is a helpful group.

Laura Ann

put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To  get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the  subject line.

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. _Sign  up for FanHouse Fantasy
Football  today_
(http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020) .