[bksvol-discuss] Re: New 3 hold maximum in check out queue

  • From: Laura Shannon <brighteyes324@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:30:24 -0400

Hi Sandi,

Thanks for the information. I did not mean to imply that anyone was
unwilling to expand, only that scanners are more comfortable with those
that they know. I'm not sure that it was even your post that seemed to
imply that new volunteers would not produce as quality of work as older
volunteers. I only know there was a post that seemed to lean in that
direction.

I would actually not have any issue in checking the lists and suggesting
books except that I am not visually impaired and it makes me feel odd to
offer suggestions of my own personal taste. If I was a member as well as a
volunteer, then I would not have any problem with doing so. I would prefer
scanners to work on the Wish Lists of those who have an actual need for
certain books and then have the opportunity to find them on the check out
list for proofing.

Of course I can only speak for my own situation in regard to actually
locating titles for scanning and how I feel about it. I just do not feel
that I should be taking up a scanner's time with my personal preferences
given I am not visually impaired and a member.

Regards,

Laura