[bksvol-discuss] Re: New 3 hold maximum in check out queue

  • From: Scott Berry <scottbb1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 06:46:27 -0500

Why don't you just have engineering put a piece of code in that checks and ensures that everyone gets three books and no more. That would save you guys from having to check the queue as often plus since you guys tell us man power is short this would be a better alternative.

On 7/24/2012 06:26 PM, Madeleine Linares wrote:
Hi Volunteers,

We are really excited because we have seen an increase in new volunteers! Due to feedback
from them, we are reducing the number of holds a volunteer can have in the checkout queue
at one time. Each volunteer may now have a maximum of three holds at a time. We are
reducing the number of allowable holds for two reasons:  First and foremost is to share
the wealth! We want new volunteers to be able to choose from a number of books that might
interest them to keep them engaged while they're still learning the ropes. Secondly, we
hope that reducing the number of holds and freeing up books in the checkout queue will
reduce  "poaching."

Volunteers will have until Aug. 15 to finish up the holds already existing for
them, and after Aug. 15 I will be checking the Check Out Queue daily and
removing extra holds at random.

Thank you all for understanding and, as always, for your hard work!

Best,

The Bookshare Volunteer Dept.

Scott Berry
Msn:  electronicman1960@xxxxxxxxx