[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need some pointers!

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:42:30 -0500

To search for junk chars in Kurzweil,  just type the char in the search
field and press enter.  You need to ensure that 'whole words' is
unchecked.   When doing a quality check for abook I first look for tab
characters '\t',  because I found that spurious tabs are usually
accompanied by other junk chars.  When I have finished fixing those spots,
 I search for all special chars available from the keyboard, shifted and
unshifted,  starting with 'grave' at the top left of the keyboard, and
ending with  'slash' at the bottom right.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/15/2004 11:35 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need some pointers!

How do you search for junk characters using K 1000?  Things like ^* and
the
like, as these are usually my curses.  And the ever popular bullet that
The
Braillenote calls character 34580.  smile.  How can I search and replace
these?

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

      -- Edgar Watson Howe