[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need help finding copyright holder

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 03:55:39 -0500

Would you request the 1974 edition book? I doubt that the copyright holder of the DAW paperback edition is going to be different than the 1974 edition, and I'm willing to go with that!

Thanks so much.  smile.

Judy s.

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Well, I give up. You did everything I would do, and I even tried some other
things but nowhere did I find he copyright info for that edition. My library
has a different edition, the 1974 one, so that's probably no help. He didn't
die until 1988, though, so I suspect he still holds the copyright. Or his
heirs. I can get the 1974 edition and see what UPD is, or what or who the
copyright holder for that book is.

I'd suggest that you send me a pdf or whatever of the copyright page, but you
are sighted, and if you can't figure it out I probably wouldn't be able to
either.

Let me know if you want me to request the book.

G.Cindy

From: Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Need
help finding copyright holder To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Date:
Friday, May 16, 2008, 12:43 AM Hi all,

I'm doing a BSO of a book by Clifford D. Simak titled "Our Children's
Children."

I think there is something odd with the copyright and don't want to upload
it for approval until I've got it cleared up.  I'm suspecting that the
copyright isn't held in the author's name, even though that is how it is
listed under the original copy that is in the collection.

I've checked on the LOC and the US Copyright office, and neither list a
book of this title by this author.  Under the author's name, close to 75
titles are listed but not this book.  I've checked Amazon and abebooks, and
biblio, and none of those have any clues either.

The scan I'm working from has a garbled copyright page, but it appears to
say that the copyright is 1974 by UPD.  The scan is from many years ago, so
the original scan and scanner are not available.

The ISBN for this version of the book, which is a DAW printing in 1983, is
 0879978805.

Can someone get this from a library and find the copyright holder, or does
 anyone have any suggestions on where else I can look?

Thanks all!

the subject line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help'
by itself in the subject line.