[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need Advice on Fonts

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 23:12:48 -0500

Hi Evan,
I don't know how the font got to be 2; that is truly weird. Normally font
attributes are not lost in rtf conversion, which is one of the main reasons for
using rtf. When the book is processed by the Bookshare tools, I don't believe
font size is retained. If that's true, the thinking behind it is that a sighted
user will be setting the font size to meet his/her own reading needs. That's
also the reasoning why indents and spaces and tabs aren't preserved--the point
is that each user can control how the text will be displayed. There are
arguments for and against this approach, but that's the way it is at this point.
Hth,
Kellie