[bksvol-discuss] Re: National Empanada Day book

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:26:37 -0700

I can create some audio files for you to give to her if you wish Cindy her to
learn Spanish, Free.
--------------------------------
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you forever.
It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated, but when you
get the two of them together in a way people can relate to, then I think you're
on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound,
the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."-Trumpeter
Chris Botti
--------------------------------
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
Skype: jazzytrumpet
Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=690550695
Cell: 1-925-250-5955
--------------------------------

          From: Jamie Yates, CPhT <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [bksvol-discuss] National Empanada Day book
          To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Date: Thursday, April 8, 2010, 10:01 PM

          Ok April 8 was Empanadas day so tomorrow I am going to try to get
this book from the library:

          The empanadas that abuela made = Las empanadas que hacía la abuela
               Bertrand, Diane Gonzales.

          This sweet bilingual story about a family tradition provides a
whimsical look at the making of empanadas and is filled with humorous cooks and
family. Abuela, Abuelo, the cousins, aunts, uncles, and even the family dog
join the parade of fluttering flour and swirling sugar. Full color.

          It may be in Spanish though and if it is then I don't know that I can
do it. I only speak English. Or read English.

          --
          Jamie in Michigan

          Currently Reading: The Great Arizona Orphan Abduction by Linda Gordon

          See everything I've read this year at:
www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html