[bksvol-discuss] Re: Nancy Drew in the Bookshare collection

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 08:35:04 -0700

Hi Jamie,

    The problem is that Simon &Schuster has opted to keep original titles,
but to update the stories, the text.  The only way to tell is to look at
copyright dates and publisher, as the older books were published by a
publisher whose name I won't massacre here.  I've researched this pretty
extensively.  And as I'm sure you know, the originals are long, long out of
print, and can be VERY expensive to buy.

That said, I do keep my eyes open for good finds of the older titles.  You
just kind of have to be obsessed to get the right stuff and to know what you
have.

Still looking though.

Mayrie

  _____