[bksvol-discuss] Re: NLS vs. Bookshare

  • From: "George Marshall" <geom4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:11:07 -0400

Jamie:
Not defending NLS, but there are a couple of considerations: 1. NLS's reader
base has a large number of elderly people (I guess that includes me) and many
of them would have problem adapting to computers. 2. Probably the most
important, NLS supplies the CD player to a large number of there members, it is
costly to replace all of this equipment and now days they just don't get the
budget from the federal government, to do the work.
HTH,
George R. Marshall
geom4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx