[bksvol-discuss] Re: My thoughts on good and fair quality books.

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 22:01:08 -0400

Hmm. I don't mind helping with rescanning some of these books. I just don't have any interest in actually reading a lot of them so that validation would be a chore for me. Maybe I need to focus on what I like doing with this regard and let others read and validate the improved scans. I'll take a look to see if my local library has any of the books on the rescan list. I might see some titles I really want to read as I go down the list. It's pretty long.

At Sunday 5/14/2006 09:09 PM, you wrote:
Hi all!
I am personally very grateful and relieved that fair quality books are being rescanned and cleaned up. My experiences with fair books have previously been so negative that I would rather wait for a book to be cleaned up than download it in it's fair form. Is the clean up effort extending to good quality books as well? I don't mean to sound picky or ungrateful for what I have, but sometimes even these books are not often as legible as I would like. Although I cannot often rescan good and fair books, I am always happy to aid in the validation process. These are just my thoughts as a member.
Allison