[bksvol-discuss] Re: My novel

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:34:40 -0400

Thanks Nan!

Dena and I are trying to focus on "Groping Through Life: The Tactile Way to
Live" which will include a bunch of vignettes about situations where sighted
people would be embarrassed or outraged but a blink can get away with.  One
chapter is entirely on sex and the guide dog when your sighted partner says,
"He's looking at me..." and grows uncomfortable.

I'm also working on a long piece with Susanne Kammlott (Boston Phoenix,
Boston Globe, various magazines) who has an agent and a ton of cred but we
keep starting and stopping and reworking and looping back again.

Finally, I've a memoir of drug addiction, blindness and recovery which is
all pretty dark until the end that I find myself working on when I had set
out to do something with one of the others.

cdh

Chris Hofstader
CUNY, BSO, ATG, Odds and Ends
email: cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx