[bksvol-discuss] Re: My novel

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:39:36 -0400

This is an example where one person's humor is far from funny to somebody else. I have a different take on the scene you describe.

Call me old fashioned.

To me it seems unethical and somewhat slimey.

Forgive me for sounding insulting. I just disagree about the described scene being amusing.

E.

At 10:12 AM 6/26/2008, you wrote:
This is being written/edited  by two PWVI with pretty thick skins and strong
senses of humor.

When you mentioned the getting incorrect change from the cashier problem, I
thought of one of our chapters where we pay for something with a ten dollar
bill, listen to the cashier count out the change and, with outrageous
indignation, we insist we paid with a twenty.  The manager comes over, gives
us our extra ten and we leave getting the product for free and entertaining
the other customers.  I don't know anyone who has actually done this but we
thought it would make for a funny scene.  Turning the tables on those who
would cheat or wrong one of us will be the theme of a number of vignettes.

If you have any stories that you would let us use, please send them along.
We will edit them to make the stories sound like they are coming from the
voices of the authors/editors and we will need a release form as we cannot
pay for extra work contributed by other storytellers as we're pretty certain
to lose money on this gig anyway.

Anyone else with funny anecdotes or stupid sighted people tricks or
experience testing the accessibility of a nudie bar or have found yourself
dancing with a stranger whom you thought was your date and having a pile of
fun in the process,  stories about firearms and other weapons used by PWVI
are often entertaining too so please send them to us and at least get a
mention in the dedication page.

Blind driving stories should fill an entire section too.

We're trying to use "true" stories but remember that truth can be disguised
by facts.

cdh

Chris Hofstader
CUNY, BSO, ATG, Odds and Ends