[bksvol-discuss] Re: My Scans on Step 1

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:38:56 -0500

Hi, Donna and Maithe. I can sympathize with your frustration. Would you two consider validating each other's books? Maybe that would help you both. I don't know if this has anything to do with your books not being processed quickly. Some of us have been focusing on some of the older books and those of poor quality, trying to make some final decisions on books that have been batted around for several months without resolution. Elizabeth has rightly pointed out that our more experienced volunteers can probably handle these books better because the quality isn't very good, and there are scanning issues that can't easily be fixed. These books take a lot of time to check out and either reject or fix up. As we're running interference on these difficult books, we need other people to make sure the easy validations are done. Sometimes we spend hours fixing a book, only to get to a point where rejecting is the only option. I don't want to see excellent scans lost in the shuffle because we're busy working on these problem scans. If this tells you anything, I have validated 4 books this week and rejected 3 more.

I hope our newer volunteers will step up and work on your fiction scans since they are easy to do. There are quite a few easy validations up there right now, and it would be great if those could be given the fast approval time they deserve.

Monica Willyard