[bksvol-discuss] Re: My MP3 is ready.

I figured out what my problem was. I had been using the Humanware Companion to load BARD books onto my thumb drive. So when I created the audio+podcasts folder I just automatically created it in the$dtb folder. That was a mistake. When I finally tried to place the audio+podcasts folder on the route directory it worked just fine. The synthetic voice is wonderful. I think I may have heard it before, but on some device that did not have the capacity to carry its full richness. I have said before that Samantha on the Stream is just fine with me. Well, being just fine is not the same thing as being more than just fine. This voice, I think it is Heather, beats the hell out of Samantha, at least as Samantha sounds on the Stream.

On 3/29/2012 2:53 PM, Kim Friedman wrote:
Hi, Roger, if you have the advanced model of the DTBM what you want to
do is use the menu key in front of your speaker. If you keep pressing,
one of the choices should be "Chapter jump" or something like that. I
don't have the DTBM that is not advanced. In this case, I don't know
what to advise. Hope this helps. Regards, Kim Friedman. P.S.: Happy
reading. K.

-----Original Message-----
From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roger Loran
Bailey
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:32 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: My MP3 is ready.

I have downloaded my MP3 and tried to play it on my DTBM. The synthetic
voice is incredible and is hardly distinguishable from a human voice.
The problem is that I hear it saying, "notice" followed by "please
respect" repeated a number of times and then end of book. Now, what have

I done wrong. By the way, as a diabetic I have just experienced an
episode of extremely low blood glucose. To others this may have the
appearance of being drunk or insane.
  From my viewpoint it is more like I was removed from this universe for
a little while. I think I am recovered now, but if anything I type does
not make the least bit of sense that may be the reason.

On 3/29/2012 9:25 AM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
As I continue to read my overnight email I have now come across the
one that tells me that my MP3 conversion is now ready for download.
Like I said, I requested it between 3 and 4 yesterday afternoon and I
note that it became ready for me at about 6:30 this morning. Again,
when thousands of people start requesting these MP3 downloads at once
you might have to wait a week or more. I am going to suspend reading
my email now to download it and try it out.
subject line.

line.