[bksvol-discuss] Re: More crotchets about Braille

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:14:30 -0500

If you do not have something like "Grade 2 translation" set on your
braille display, then I would say the offending characters are coming from
Bookshare's translator.
On my Alva, I can set the grade 2 translation on or off either through
Jaws or, I think through the Alva.  I'm not sure, since I never turn it
on.  But that's what I'd check.  Make sure translation is off, then read
the offending passage.
HTH.
Tracy