[bksvol-discuss] More FineReader testing

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:31:47 -0500

Hello to those of you who are playing around with FineReader.  I currently
own FR Professional version 7.0, but am testing version 8.0 on a trial
basis.  I've started scanning a book tonight, and can't figure out why it is
scanning so incredibly slowly.  I think I'm using the same settings I use
with FR7, but the lapse between pages is interminable, and I don't even have
the box checked to pause between pages!  Usually, I check this box and tell
it to pause for 5 seconds.  Any ideas?

The resulting scan is good except for treating the headings like columns and
ending it with a section break continuous.  The text of the book is
beautiful, though.  Of course, I get beautiful text with FR7 without the
other problems, so if this doesn't get better soon, I will be saving myself
the cost of the upgrade.

I'm very interested to hear what others are experiencing.

Peace and Hope,

Donna