[bksvol-discuss] Re: More Books I'm Scanning

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christina <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 16:09:28 -0400

Hi, Christina.

I would very much like to proofread both solo Charlaine Harris books. She's great.
Thank you very much.

Marilyn

On May 25, 2009, at 3:22 PM, Christina wrote:

Hi, all.
I got even more books for my birthday. I've included the synopses below. If anyone wants to proof them, please let me know.
Many Bloody Returns
A Secret Rage by Charlaine Harris
Sweet and Deadly by Charlaine Harris
Sweet Silver Blues by Glen Cook
The Trouble with Demons by Lisa Shearen (This is the third book in the series. Armed and Magical comes first and I'm scanning that one too.)
Christina

Many Bloody Returns
original vampire stories by Charlaine Harris, Jim Butcher, Kelley Armstrong, and more. From cakes to stakes, a celebration of everyone’s favorite bloodsucking subculture by a baker’s dozen of favorite authors. Each of these thirteen original stories offers a fresh and unique take on what birthdays mean to the undead. From Charlaine Harris’s Sookie Stackhouse attending a birthday party for Dracula to Jim Butcher’s Harry Dresden battling bloodsucking party crashers, these suspenseful, surprising, sometimes dark, sometimes humorous stories will ensure paranormal fans will never think of vampires or birthdays quite the same again.

Sweet Silver Blues by Glen Cook
It should have been a simple job. But for Garrett, a human detective in a world of gnomes, tracking down the woman to whom his dead pal Danny left a fortune in silver is no slight task. Even with the aid of Morley, the toughest half-elf around, Garrett isn't sure he'll make it out alive from a land where magic can be murder, the dead still talk, and vampires are always hungry for human blood.

A Secret Rage by Charlaine Harris
Former New York City model Nickie Callahan is looking forward to the easy life when she moves to the sleepy college town of Knolls, Tennessee. But the women of Knolls are not safe. And as Nickie gets swept up in a string of brutally violent crimes, she must take matters of justice into her own hands.

Sweet and Deadly by Charlaine Harris
Catherine Linton has returned to her hometown of Lowfield, Mississippi, unconvinced that the death of her parents in a car crash six months earlier was an accident. And her suspicions are confirmed when she stumbles upon the dead and beaten body of her doctor-father's longtime nurse. There are secrets being kept in Lowfield. And the town where Catherine grew up may be the same place where she is sent to her grave…

Armed and Magical by Lisa Shearin
My name is Raine Benares. Until last week I was a seeker—a finder of things lost and people missing. Now I’m psychic roommates with the Saghred, an ancient stone with cataclysmic powers. Just me, the stone, and all the souls it’s ingested over the centuries. Crowded doesn’t even begin to describe it. All I want is my life back—which means getting rid of the stone and the power it possesses. To sort things out, I head for the Isle of Mid, home to the most prestigious sorcery school, as well as the Conclave, the governing body for all magic users. It’s also home to power- grubbing mages who want me dead and goblins who see me as a thief. As if that’s not enough, Mid’s best student spellsingers are disappearing left and right, and I’m expected to find them. Lives are at stake, goblins are threatening to sue, mages are getting greedier, and the stone’s power is getting stronger by the hour. This could get ugly.