[bksvol-discuss] Re: Modify Search Boxyikes on the new search

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:32:45 -0500

No. It's an author of some neat kid's books. I want to see which ones are in
the collection. Usually I can get a list of books with that author's name,
if there are any. If there are more than one author with that last or first
name, I can click on the correct name and get a list of all of the books by
that one author. Then I can check my library to see which ones I can get to
fill in the gaps.

But when I put in Gallo or "Gallo" into the search box, or in the advanced
search in the author box, I still get way too many results and most of them
aren't even an author with Gallo in the name. I did find a Donald R. Gallo
but oddly enough, his name isn't in the combo box under authors. So I don't
see how the new search is that great when it isn't even that accurate.

I guess the only book I'm going to work on tonight is Skippyjon Jones does
something (I forget which one I got) because I know when I searched BEFORE
the disastrous improvement that there were none in the collection. I did
Skippyjon Lost in Spice which is now in the collection but a few days ago
none of the others were.

I'm not scanning anything else until I can know for sure what I want to work
on isn't in the collection.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil
McNeil