[bksvol-discuss] Moby Dick

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:04:09 -0500

The true problem with Moby Dick was not the content, actually if written in
today's style it would be about a schiphrenic poacher, obsessed in exacting
revenge on natures biggest animal.

The problem with it, and a lot of the novels of that day was they got paid
by the word.  sigh.

Just as "les Miserab" is a truly great piece, the fact that he goes off on
tangents for books at a time, is driving me batty though I absolutely love
the musical version.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council